In all this world, there is nothing more important than appreciating the preciousness of our human embodiment and doing all we can to increase health and happiness for ourselves and others - Tarthang Tulku

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Movin On Up



The other day my Mother told me that the Universe can go Fuck itself. So, there's that. People are hurting in this world. Seriously hurting. Despite all this waking up. And all this business about "The Secret", was never a secret, you know. It's all wisdom from the ancients that lies within all of our consciousness and we can access it through meditation and raising the vibration of our thinking. I feel sorry for the people who have bought into that hoopla. What's more, not everyone is meant to be rich in this world. I can't stand that book " Think and Grow Rich". All those books, to my mind, play on the vulnerabilities of people hoping for get-rich quick schemes.

We get what we're supposed to get, what is supposed to be given to us in this Life. And to whom much has been given, much is expected. And as far as The Secret goes, I just keep it real simple and go with the scripture: " Seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." Followed by Luke 9:58, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head." On the Christian mystic meets Raja yoga path, I plan and God laughs.  My mother likes to remind me that I've basically been homeless for the past 6 years. I don't see it that way -- I'm a nomadic, transient cosmic dancer. And if I keep my eye on the finished work of Christ and keep my prana going strong and my chakras aligned, and be light in the face of darkness, then everything lines up. I'm not afraid to be poor. Or sleep on the floor. I think that's part of thinking and growing rich, in my book. And knowing that you are not a beggar, you are a child of the King of the Universe. And everything the Father has, you have as well. It's just tricky embodying this truth when you have nothing in the material but everything in the eternal.  And you are surrounded by extremes of poverty thinking or anxious greed in a world that wants to value you you based on what you have or don't have, on where you live, what you do, what you know, what you have accomplished, who you know instead of how you love.  

Today in the astral realm there is a beautiful alignment of The Divine Feminine and the Christ Consciousness, which is a very powerful combination. I hope you're all feeling it. I happen to be in the presence of my mother who will tell me, if I utter such sentiments to her, to " Go scrub a toilet." Some people are just not ready to leave the pain behind, to think that life could be different, to bury ancient wounds, grudges, and past pains and to walk in the light, freedom, peace and joy that is our birthright as children of God.  We pray for the healing of their hearts, the lifting of their burdens. And, my Mother's case, for a team of Shamans to kidnap her.

I will be going on 10 day silent retreat soon, Vipassana, which can't come soon enough. What I like best is silence. And I do feel I will likely have some kind of breakthrough there in the silence about where to direct this embarrassment of riches I've been given to share with the world and where and how to manifest destiny. We all talk too much about nothing, I feel. Maybe my head will explode after the silence.  Though, my sense is that afterwards I will have no choice but to sing, sing, sing. And help shift the patriarchal paradigm along.

But for now, amazing grace, how sweet the Sound.

An amusing aside: yesterday I taught at Gratitude Yoga and the adorable studio owner asked me if I knew how to use a Swiffer. Are there really people in this world who don't know how to use a Swiffer? I said, " Sista, please", to her, which I don't think she was expecting.  I cleared my throat, remembered I was in Princeton and said, " Ah, yes, I am well acquainted with the art of Swiffing."

Cue the theme song from "A Different World".

Wax on, wax off.

Holly













1 comment: