In all this world, there is nothing more important than appreciating the preciousness of our human embodiment and doing all we can to increase health and happiness for ourselves and others - Tarthang Tulku

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Baby, you can drive my car

“You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.” - Swami Vivekananda quotes


Asked a girl what she wanted to be

She said baby, can't you see
I wanna be famous, a star on the screen
But you can do something in between
Baby you can drive my car
Yes I'm gonna be a star
Baby you can drive my car
And maybe I'll love you
                                        - The Beatles

The people who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world are the one's who do.- Steve Jobs

And what costume shall the poor girl wear? To all tomorrow's parties. A hand-me- down dress from who knows where? - The Velvet Underground


Ok, so I'm crazy. But the good kind. More radical than crazy, I think, simply because I do believe yoga and Jesus, and music will save the world. But first, we must be willing to return to innocence together, Peter Gabriel-style, and become happy babies again together, to remember who we were created to be. There is no reason why we cannot restore harmony to this world on Fire. There is no reason why Truth, purity, and peace will not prevail. All we do is believe in the power Love to transform, teach, and renew minds, bodies, hearts and souls. Everything has been written and said before. People are waking up to their Divinity (often paying and arm and a leg to have people tell them what they already know intuivitely ) and returning to the silence and to nature which is the best way to contact God.

One of my favorite poets is the great Elizabeth Bishop, who said, " What I like best is Silence." This is very true for me, which is part of my paradox, because I am also a very musical person,  very much like a walking Pandora-- so much music in my head, so many lyrics, it's endless. The music, though, is what I must I think we all must get back to, where the Universal language and the power to unite live. Through music, oru souls soar, we dissolve barriers, we create peace, harmony, and joy.

And so, I'm steering this ship in another direction, so that I may speak to you, dear readers, loyal followers, from another post. My next writing adventure is called This Universal Frame. The phrase is taken from a line from one of my favorite songs to sing, The Hymn to Saint Cecelia, the patron Saint of Music. The line is, " From heavenly harmony, this Universal frame began."  This is the sentiment I'd like to invite people to embody, to trust, to hold on to, to defend. And since music is where we can all be together in transcendantal peace or earthly bliss and any space in between, I thought this would be a good umbrella for my mission, my heart song, of delivering a message of hope, healing, and peace to the Nations. There will be plenty of time for Divine Comedy later, but now I must roll up my sleeves and get down to buisness, delivering the good news of Peace so that light may drive out darkness in this world and the ancient wounds may be healed once and for all.

Peace studies make no sense to me at this point. There is nothing more to study. Anyway, a problem cannot be solved at the same level of consciousness that created it. And it certainly doesn't take genius to figure that out. There is no way to Peace, peace is the way. We simply need to empower our each other with a spiritual toolbox that give's one's Soul access to the Universal Mind, to Oneness, to a way of being that cultivates compassion, grace, graditude, beauty, health and harmony. Swami Vivekenanda spoke of this vision when he gave his address to the Parliment of World Religions in 1893. And the same message must be shouted from the mountain tops again in 2012. 

I leave you with some more lyrics in my head for the road..... from the musical Pippin! These sentiments seem appropriate for leading people to the Light!

JOIN US -- LEAVE YOUR FIELDS TO FLOWER

JOIN US -- LEAVE YOUR CHEESE TO SOUR
JOIN US -- COME AND WASTE AN HOUR OR TWO
DOO-DLE-EE-DO
JOURNEY -- JOURNEY TO A SPOT EX-CITNG, MYSTIC AND EXOTIC
JOURNEY -- THROUGH OUR ANECDOTIC REVUE
WE'VE GOT MAGIC TO DO -- JUST FOR YOU
WE'VE GOT MIRACLE PLAYS TO PLAY
WE'VE GOT PARTS TO PERFORM -- HEARTS TO WARM
KINGS AND THINGS TO TAKE BY STORM
AS WE GO ALONG OUR WAY

It's time to move on up. Meet me at This Universal Frame and follow me on this epic journey where this next chapter of the mystery unfolds, a new mythology for our times is unvieled, and a message of Peace, healing, hope, harmony and Truth will indeed be marching on.

Yours in Tune with the Moon,

Queen Holly Jean











1 comment: