In all this world, there is nothing more important than appreciating the preciousness of our human embodiment and doing all we can to increase health and happiness for ourselves and others - Tarthang Tulku

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Dispatched by Victory

Friends, Romans, Countrymen, denizens of this Good Earth, citizens of humanity:

Please find me now at Holly Holy Love as I directed you before. My sincere apologies for all the waffling but the journey through the Labyrinth and the Looking Glass, as it were, is often riddled with confusion about who one truly is as well as more than a few distractions, delusions, contusions, and of course, the usual dangers, toils, and snares that are par for the course. The yogis have a mantra that is a quick fix for anyone trying to do the stupid thing of trying to make any sense about who one actually is. It goes: Sat Nam, which mostly means, " Truth is my identity." I've found that mantra solves a lot of existential "tussles with the wallpaper" to quote Nabokov, and other metaphysical monkey-mind meanderings that over-thinkers are prone to having, often in vain and ad naseum. The gospel equivalent to this I think is, " Be still and know that I am God."

Alas, onward and upward. His Truth is marching on. I believe in miracles. I hope you do too. We sure could use one really big one on this upside down world on Fire and just in Time for Christmas. I capitalize Time because I have no sense of it. Now, I have been asking my Father in Heaven to grant us one--- that peace, health, light, love, charity, compassion, grace, mercy, and joy will prevail against the forces of evil. We are at war with God as a human race but I believe Victory has already been won at the Cross, though as someone who has never liked to be fenced in or labeled as this or that, God in his infinite mercy knows this about me and so, likely gave me the Universal languages of yoga, dance, and music (with as side of musical theater absurdity) with which to reach ye of little Faith and those who have beef with Jesus or just don't have a taste for the G word, in general.

In that case, I offer you this Universal Truth: We are One. Rinse, lather, repeat. Let the healing begin. Let the walls come down. Let freedom ring. Or as George Clinton said, " Free your mind, and your ass will follow." Here, here! We want the funk, don't we? I'm quite sure we do. Fa la la la la la la la la.

I shall endeavor to tell you in the coming days in the advent of Christmas about my walk with God which is a story like many who have gone before of salvation, redemption, transformation and amazing grace and as Paul sings, " hope of deliverance from the darkness that surrounds us." It is also the story of the unfolding, in real Time, of the impossible dream and a journey to the East on the Raja yoga path: the royal way. I do indeed have nobility coursing through my veins, though I am by no means a stuffy Queen-- rather just a Queen with a heart for the people. I promise I won't be a drag, Gaga.Thank you for the reminder, I suppose I did have that tendency, what with my nickname in college being " Old English" on account the apparent delight I took translating Beowulf. We've come a long way, baby.

I recently had dinner with a dear friend, Dr. Paul Rockey, who holds some fancy post at the American Medical Association. He told me that were I in England at the moment, they'd likely be grooming me to be the next Lady Diana. And while I appreciated the sentiment, I thought, no, no, thank you very little, that sounds dreadful and I am quite fine just as I am and God will move me on up in glory in His perfect Time. Nice n' easy does it every Time.

I have been given what some may call an impossible dream to dream, but I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me and I have gotten by with more than a little help from my friends. And yes, high, though I don't touch the stuff anymore, I do think there is much to be said for the benefits of plant medicine on the healing journey. I have reason to believe and more than sufficient evidence for the tribunal that I'm something of a Cosmic Dancing Queen of the stone age carrying around some serious hope of deliverance and the cure for what ails us in this world gone asunder. What's more: the yogis are coming! The yogis are coming!

I do wish this Christmas that people might experience God as a much more colorful, dancy character than just some big man upstairs--for while he/she is most certainly a God to be feared, he/she is also a God of surprises. As difficult as that is for many of us to welcome in such unbridled joy in these precarious Times, we must. And as my beloved sister in Faith, Megan Livingston says, " We have no idea how hilarious God's jokes are." I think it's important to remember that a divine comedy is always ready to reveal itself to us if we're open to the possibility, the mystery, the magic, and the never ending story . As the song goes, "The Holly and the Ivy, when they are both full grown, of all the Trees that are in the wood, the Holly bears the Crown." Well then. What dreams may come....

I've recently discovered on this epic quest for the holy grail in modern times that ABBA is my Father in Heaven. It is fitting then that I am also Swedish and love the band by the same name and have been known to have dance parties wearing tin foil. Now, from where I'm perched, with my Father's eyes and sunshine as my quest, as grim as things look in many parts of the world, I have every Faith and confidence that the balance shall eventually be restored to this world, that we who are marching in the Light are on indeed on the precipice of ushering in a new culture of light, peace, harmony, health, and healing.

The solutions to our problems are all spiritual in nature and as we continue to resurrect the healing practices and arts of a simpler time, to open our hearts, purify our minds, bodies and spirits, we will see more people experiencing their own salvation and Divinity and being empowered by their own ability to heal from within and with the help of The Creator and Mother Earth. Now, if you don't believe in any God, well, it's not too late to surrender, to offer up your life to something greater than yourself, to let go and let God, to see for yourself that we're all just rainbows waiting to happen, really. And if that language is a little too gay and supernatural for your mind, we'll in that case I'd prescribe some mushroom tea and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory-- anything to help you suspend your disbelief. Imagination really does decide almost everything.

We are One. And I'm pretty sure Jesus is in fact about to become a really big superstar. Again.

From heavenly Harmony, this Universal Frame began....

Thy Kingdom Come,

Holly ( a.k.a. Queen of The Fairies)

For the record, the moniker "Queen of the Fairies" was given to me or rather decoded for me by the brilliant girl wonder in the photos named Bridgette, whose mother Kimberly, my best friend and soul sister who I have known since I was 5 years old, is and forever will be, my Fortress.










1 comment: