In all this world, there is nothing more important than appreciating the preciousness of our human embodiment and doing all we can to increase health and happiness for ourselves and others - Tarthang Tulku

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Friendly Reminder

If you write for God you will reach many men and bring them joy. If you write for men-- you may make some money and you give someone a little joy and you may make a noise in the world, for a little while. If you write only for yourself you can read what you yourself have written and after ten minutes you will be so disgusted you will wish that you were dead. - Thomas Merton, New Seeds of Contemplation


5 comments:

  1. Namaste bitches!! can be under stable for us. Main thing is that we are not able to understand what you are trying to show here, so please elaborate the things in well manner.for more details:http://www.royalwaycommunityjournal.org/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will go to church with you anytime lady... And know and have sung all those guys you rattled off... (and Gibbons and Tallis and Faure and Biebl and Whittacre and...), and done kapal bhati (and felt my bald head shine)... and think church at night rocks. Closest we get to being huddled around the fire in the cave, raising our voices to the great spirits. mojo music. And did I mention I'm straight...? ;> I need to find some business reason to get to Philadelphia, soon, so I can unapologetically and shamelessly (but respectfully and with all due adherence to yamas and niyamas) chase you down until you have coffee with me. Or green tea. Or whatever. Or introduce me to a sister if you're all (sadly for me) contentedly partnered up... love your voice. keep writing, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps - my comment was of course in re the Shining Skull entry...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a funny thing to write since you blog and write your thoughts here to share with anyone who reads them!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not only if you write for God, but if you speak for God, will you reach many people.

    In this day and age there's so much apostasy
    that believers need to witness their faith in any effective way.

    I received a word of knowledge as a boy, even though I didn't realize its importance, that we are in the last days.

    ReplyDelete